The NanoSight LM10-HS is ideally suited for use within research laboratories worldwide.
The instrument, which is based on a conventional optical microscope, uses a laser light source to illuminate nano-scale particles within a 0.3 ml sample introduced to the viewing unit with a disposable syringe. Enhanced by a near perfect black background, particles appear individually as point-scatterers moving under Brownian motion.
Polydisperse and multimodal systems are instantly recognisable and quantifiable, as are agglomerates and contaminants.
The image analysis Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis (NTA) software suite allows users to automatically track and size nanoparticles on an individual basis. Results are displayed as a frequency size distribution graph and output to spreadsheet. In addition, video clips of images may be captured and archived for future reference.
Where the LM10-HS differs from the LM10 is in the camera. The LM10-HS utilises an sCMOS camera which improves the sensitivity of the standard LM10 by a factor of x100. Practically, this means that the lower limit of detection for a particular particle type has been improved by a factor of 2 when compared to the standard instrument.
- Nanoparticle analysis range: typically 10 nm - 1000 nm, dependent on particle material
- Particle type: any
- Solvent: any non-corrosive solvent and water. A range of solvent-resistant seals are available.
- Power requirement (own adapter supplied): 110-220V
- Laser output: 40mW at 638 nm, 60mW at 405 nm, 60mW at 488 nm, 75mW at 532 nm
- Sample volume requirements: 0.3 ml
The LM10-HS is proven with most nanoparticle classes down to 10 nm (dependent upon particle type) dispersed in a wide range of solvents:
- Ceramic and metallic nanoparticles
- Pharmaceutical nanoparticles - liposomes
- Carbon nanotubes (multi-walled)
- Colloidal suspensions and polymer nanoparticles
- Cosmetics and foodstuffs
- Nanoparticles in fuels and oils (soot, catalyst, wax etc.)
- Wear debris in lubricants
- Chemical Mechanical Polishing Slurries
- Nanotoxicology studies
The NTA Analytical Software suite offers:
- Real-Time dynamic nano-particle visualisation
- Particle-by-particle analysis
- Particle counting and sizing
- Particle size distributions displayed as histograms
- Data output to spreadsheet
- Video clip capture