The NanoSight NS500 Instrument provides an easy-to-use, reproducible platform for specific and general nanoparticle characterisation.
With the NS500 you can analyse the presence, size distribution, concentration and fluorescence of all types of nanoparticles from 10nm to 1000nm depending on the instrument configuration and sample type.
Samples are introduced into the viewing chamber using the on-board fluidics capability. On-screen pump control allows for automatic sample handling, including loading, washing and dilution. Computer-controlled motorised optical stages enable rapid relocation and refocussing following cleaning, improving reproducibility. Sample temperature is fully programmable through the NTA Software Suite.
- Nanoparticle analysis range: typically 10 nm - 1000 nm, dependent on particle material
- Particle type: any
- Solvent: any non-corrosive solvent and water.
- Power requirement (own adapter supplied): 110-220V
- Laser output: 40mW at 638 nm, 60mW at 405 nm, 75mW at 532 nm
- Sample volume requirements: 100μl
The NS500 is proven with most nanoparticle classes down to 10nm (dependent upon particle type) dispersed in a wide range of solvents:
- Ceramic and metallic nanoparticles
- Pharmaceutical nanoparticles - liposomes
- Carbon nanotubes (multi-walled)
- Colloidal suspensions and polymer nanoparticles
- Cosmetics and foodstuffs
- Nanoparticles in fuels and oils (soot, catalyst, wax etc.)
- Wear debris in lubricants
- Chemical Mechanical Polishing Slurries
- Nanotoxicology studies
The NTA Analytical Software suite offers:
- Real-Time dynamic nano-particle visualisation
- Particle-by-particle analysis
- Particle counting and sizing
- Particle size distributions displayed as histograms
- Data output to spreadsheet
- Video clip capture